PayPal Giving Fund
You can make electronic offerings through the PayPal Giving Fund (PGF) at this link. By using PGF, registered 501(3)(c) organizations, like the church in Seattle, receive 100% of your donations without any service fees being passed along.
What do I need to use this method?
- A registered PayPal account (free to register; no annual fees) with linked payment sources, which can include bank accounts and credit cards. Sign up here.
- Adding payment sources may take 3-5 business days based on authentication methods
How do these electronic donations work?
- Once you have a registered PayPal account, go to the Church in Seattle PayPal Charitable Giving Fund page here.
- Choose whichever payment method you wish. Since the Church in Seattle is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, 100% of your donation will be passed along without any service fees incurred.
What kind of tax documentation will be provided?
- You will receive a tax receipt directly from PayPal for your donation so you do not need to share your information along with your donation. Also, since PayPal Giving Fund is a Donor Advised Fund, you should use the tax receipt issued by PayPal as your donation acknowledgement; these offerings will not be included in the Church in Seattle’s annual donation acknowledgement letter to avoid “double-counting” of these charitable donations for tax purposes.
How can I make designated offerings?
- In order to make designated offerings, please be sure to complete an entry in this Designated Offering FORM. Please also note, the church in Seattle cannot accept offerings designated to specific named individuals; these should be offered directly as you are led; if we receive such offerings, they will need to be returned for appropriate distribution.
Additional PayPal Charitable Giving Fund FAQs
Go here to donate though Square (transaction fees will apply): https://squareup.com/store/church-in-seattle